Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hazel went potty...

I am not trying to potty train Hazel yet. My sister-in-law's doctor told her that now is the time to start potty training them. Specifically introducing them to the potty and so on...So, I decided to set up a Hazel potty today. She sat on it right away and I kept asking her if she needed to go poopy, and she kept saying yes (even though I know she didn't because she went poopy about a half an hour before that). It was cute because she was trying to push and everything. Anyway, I closed the potty and left the bathroom to grab something. When I went back in, Hazel had her hand in her potty swirling around her pee!!! (Don't worry, I washed her hands really well). She had lifted her potty lid, sat down and went pee all by herself!!! It was CRAZY!!!! I gave her a popsicle after to make sure she knew it was a good thing. I still am not planning to REALLY potty train her yet or put any pressure on her for a while, but it was so cute and a step in the right direction, already.

3 comments:

Lisa Robbins said...

It's so exciting when they use the potty huh? That's awesome!

Leslie said...

Wow! Nice!

Erin Macceo said...

That is so awesome!! I wish Myles would ues the potty. He does sit for a good amount of time though so I guess that's a start. Good Luck!