Tuesday, May 4, 2010

An Explanation....

So, this post has been a long time coming and I will probably still leave it short and to the point. I am sure most who read this already know, but Josh and I divorced early this year. We had separated for the second time in October and shortly after made it final. He and I had a difficult marriage from the beginning. We let things fester without proper resolutions until they built up to breaking point. If proper steps had been taken, we may have been able to save our marriage, but they weren't. So here we are.....

Above all, we have a beautiful little daughter together. We both love her so much and I feel we are making some really good choices in the way we are raising her. We are kind and respectful to each other now and are sure to always be positive about one another. We never want Hazel to feel the separation more than she has to.

While it will never be ideal for Hazel to be raised in two separate homes, it was never good for her to be raised in the prior circumstance either. She is the best gift I have ever received in my life and I will always be grateful to her dad for that. He is a really good dad to her.

Now we are just moving forward trying to stay positive and happy. It is not always easy, but I believe we are happier than we were before. It is my goal to be the best mom I can to her. I love her so much.

Hopefully this post did not come as a shock to anyone. Thanks to all those who do know for their love and kindness.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I know you don't know me, but I am sorry that things didn't work out with you and Josh. Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL, and it is nice to hear that despite divorce she still has you both and you are mature enough to treat each other well for her. I hope you both find happiness!

Jones Family said...

Let me know if you need anything. Love ya!

Celeste said...

I think about you guys a lot and know that this decision did not come lightly. We love you both and will always have great memories of being neighbors for two years and of making dinner and playing games together on Monday nights. We love you all and wish you the best with these new changes.

Krystal said...

I love you Tricia and am here for you if you ever need anything... I admire your strength and courage during this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you and your husband, but I'm really glad to hear that you are doing in spite of the situation and your happy. I hope all will go well moving forward to your future. From your stories read on the blog I know that you are a wonderful mother and Hazel is lucky is have you as her mom.

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

Tricia, I am so sorry to hear that. I didn't know, and my heart just goes out to you. Sorry for the heartache that this must put you through. I know I don't see you very often but if there is anything that you need please let me know.