Friday, June 20, 2008

A Blurb From Me

I am actually going to babble on this for a minute!!! I am not a good journal writer. As you can see, I like to record things through pictures. I used to love to write; maybe I still do, I guess we will see!!

I have been thinking a lot lately about how much time is wasted on grudges. Why is it so hard to forgive. I see it everywhere I go and yet, I do understand that it can be hard. But holding a grudge holds no weight on the person you are holding it against. The weight is carried by the one who holds it. Ugh! Who wants something more to carry around? What a relief it is when you truly forgive an let go. For the sake of our own lives and happiness, it is worth it to find a way. For the sake of that beautiful child we look at every day, it is worth it!!!

Hopefully I don't annoy anyone with my opinions, but I guess this is my blog, but I do want people to read it!!! Hmmm... :)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Amen!

Celeste said...

Gosh... who do you have such a grudge against? ... hope it's not me?! :) ... I agree with you totally and yet I still am the worst at keeping grudges.

Hazel is so adorable... I forget how long it's been since we've seen you guys because I see her pictures and hear stories so often on your blog... but... we need to get together... it's been to long.

Anonymous said...

I agree, why hold a grudge when your one who is caring the "burden" per se. But it's hard to forgive and I am one prime example of caring grudges until the day I die....okay exaggeration, but still I'm good at holding onto those grudges, but for the sake of a loved one....it's not worth it.

Anonymous said...

You didn't annoy me with your opinions, I love reading about people's thoughts....that's what a blog is for, letting go and being yourself.

The Cooks said...

That was an awesome post. I am glad you said it out like that and glad that you are on the other side of your grudge that is a hard but good place to be. Seriously I hope lots of people read it, it is so much more damaging to us then them and when you have a kid everything truly does change. Heavenly Father is smart.